Monday, October 23, 2006

Swing Coat!

I wanted a vintage swing coat so badly. I found more than a few in my size but, they were pretty boring. I already have two, one biege with a big fur collar, lovely but very dressy. The other is black jacquard, again nice but, I want something I can just throw on when I'm casual. My search turned up nothing so, I decided to make my own. At first, I was going to make one without a pattern but was advised not to do so until an online acquaintance mentioned Simplicity 4047:



This to me was perfect, cute but casual. Here is mine:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look at that pleat!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Love the collar:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The lining could use lots of help

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie said...

New to your blog. What a gorgeous coat! I've had this pattern for a few months now and have been wondering how I might use it. Wow, you've really inspired me with yours, it looks fantastic and so sophisticated!

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home